Thursday, September 10, 2015

My Experience of joy in Seeing The POPE





How happy I was when I heard that pope Francis was coming to visit Philippines on January 15 2015. It had always been my dream and my pursuit to see the pope in my lifetime. So I started to pray immediately for the chance to see him.    
The Lord gave me this grace. I was able to see pope Francis not once but twice, and very near! What a gift from God. The two amazing occasions of seeing the pope very near, happened almost miraculously. I felt as if was Jesus himself followed by so many people just like the scenes in the Gospel seeing the crowds of young, I saw the hope of the church of the future. I was very happy, very excited and very deeply moved…….. I have met Jesus representative on earth, the vicar of Christ.
I am very happy to have attended the Mass, received his blessing, heard his voice, and seen his face. In having seen the pope, I have fulfilled my mother’s desire and dream to see the pope in a pilgrimage to Rome on her behalf so many of my fellow underground catholic in China long to see the pope but cannot, I realize how blessed I am to have at last see him with my own eyes .
                                       Theresa Li , Holy Family’s Novice in Manila





 

No comments:

Post a Comment